Guardian Chimney Sweeps Birmingham, Alabama
Guardian Chimney Sweeps
If you don’t take proper care of your fireplace, though, that same fire can become dangerous. For help, call Guardian Chimney Sweeps. Whether it’s a routine cleaning or animal removal, we can do it all so that you and your loved ones are guaranteed many more nights spent by the fire.
Give us a call today, and you’ll get to speak with a member of our highly trained staff who can answer any questions you have and schedule an appointment for a technician to visit your home.
- Animal Removal: Bats, birds, or raccoons, may take shelter in your flue system and bring babies with them. Not only can they destroy your chimney, but they may also enter your home and transfer respiratory disease through their waste. Birmingham’s Guardian team only practices humane animal removal.
- Water Leak Repairs: Water damage is the most common problem we repair in chimneys. If not fixed immediately, it can become worse and more expensive. We use FlashSeal, the best sealant in the market which completely stops the leak. Chimney caps and dampers can also stop the water from entering.
- Smoke Issues: If your fireplace is not drafting properly, the smoke is coming into your lungs and affecting your health. Our technicians are skilled in diagnosing the cause of the draft problem.
- Masonry Repairs: Guardian Birmingham provides a variety of masonry chimney repairs including tuckpointing, chimney flue repair, flue relining, and more.
- Fireplace Repairs: Our chimney sweeps, cleanings, and repairs are done by CSIA-trained workers. Our team carries all of the most common lock-top dampers, chimney caps, and flue liners on their vans in case a repair is needed. That way, we can do the repair on the same day.
- Fireplace Installations: Our Birmingham chimney sweeps are skilled in fireplace installations such as ash dump doors, wood stoves, and other local chimney services.
Sweeps & Inspections
Guardian Chimney Sweep of Birmingham offers professional chimney sweeping services as well as quality inspections. Learn more about our sweeps and inspections, and trust in Guardian Chimney Sweeps.
Waterproofing & Repair
Guardian Chimney Sweeps of Birmingham offers excellent waterproofing services and general masonry and prefab repairs. Call Guardian to schedule an appointment with our professionally trained technicians.
Do you have a fireplace? Do you want one? We also offers professional chimney and fireplace installation. Whether it be a masonry system (brick), or prefabricated (metal), Guardian Chimney Sweeps of Birmingham has you covered.
Providing The Highest Quality Chimney Services Around
Our top priority is providing industry-leading service as your chimney sweep and fireplace professionals. Our goal is to build loyalty and trust with those we serve. That’s why our first-class teams are considerate and careful, making sure to protect your property and belongings. We want to accommodate you, and we’ll make sure to be in communication with you about any last-minute schedule changes. The sharpest individuals comprise our teams: those who exemplify what it means to be a true chimney sweep and fireplace professional.
With the cold weather comes warm clothes, heating bills, and hot cocoa. But, it also brings potentially chimney damages. Now, down here in the south, we may not get blizzards and 10 feet of snow, but it can get cold. And this fall and winter season, it’s important to look out for signs of chimney damage. Believe it or not, freezing temperatures can actually cause damage to chimneys. See, bricks are like sponges, they’re porous and absorb water.
When this water freezes, it expands. This can cause what is known as spalling. Spalling is when the faces and chunks of bricks actually break off. This can lead to the lesser structural integrity of the chimney, which is never good. So, be sure to watch out for any spalling on your masonry chimney. And for any chimney or fireplace repair, Guardian Chimney Sweep of Birmingham is here to help!
Explore Birmingham, AL
Birmingham Museum of Art
Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
Birmingham Botanical Gardens
The Birmingham Ghost Walk
Birmingham, Alabama – Did you know?
The city of Birmingham has a population of 209,880 (U.S. Census Bureau estimate, 2019) and is the central hub of the Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan Area with a population of 1.1 million.
Birmingham has a median age of 35.7 with a median household income of $32,404. The median property value in Birmingham is $86,900 with a homeownership rate of 46.4%. The city is 71.6% black, 24.6% white and 3.5% Hispanic.
Birmingham is seventh among the 150 largest US metros for percent increase in millennial residents (ages 25-34).
Birmingham was founded in 1871 at the crossing of two rail lines near one of the world’s richest deposits of minerals.
Birmingham was named as one of the most affordable cities for first-time homebuyers in the nation (Lending Tree, 2019) and 1 of the 10 most affordable markets for renters (Zillow, 2019).
The Birmingham City Schools serves 23,000 students from K-12 with 18 elementary schools, 10 K-8 schools, eight middle schools and seven high schools. The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) ranks 15th in federally funded research among public universities. Birmingham is also home to Birmingham Southern College and two-year colleges Jefferson State and Lawson State.
Five interstates provide access to more than 80% of the U.S. population in a two-day drive. The Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport offers 114 flights to 26 airports and 23 cities.
The Birmingham metropolitan area has more than 550 technology companies employing more than 6,300 skilled workers. The city is home to Innovation Depot, in which 112 startups are located throughout a sprawling 140,000-square-foot complex — the largest in the Southeast.
Birmingham was voted the #1 Best City for Millennial Entrepreneurs (Thumbtack, 2015) based on friendliness of local tax laws, licensing rules, and the regulatory environment.
Birmingham has the highest per capita concentration of healthcare jobs nationwide.
The city is the 12th largest banking center in the nation and third in the Southeast.
Birmingham is home to 18,000 skilled automotive workers – twice the US national average and 20,000 skilled metals and machinery workers.